Hide access for a group

Hide access for a group

por Whitney Lowe -
Número de respuestas: 5

Is it possible to hide course access from an entire group (meaning make the course unavailable to an entire group all at one time- but not lose their enrollment or course activity records)?

We are thinking about this for rolling enrollments that have to be renewed each year. If a group does not renew their enrollment we want to be able to hide the course from that group. 

Anyone know if that can be  done in Moodle?

Promedio de valuaciones (ratings): -
En respuesta a Whitney Lowe

Re: Hide access for a group

por John Provasnik -
Imagen de Particularly helpful Moodlers Imagen de Testers

Could you Mass Suspend the group from the course?

From the Docs: Groups of users may be suspended from "Users > Enrolled users". With the "manual enrolments" selected from the Enrollment Methods dropdown and your desired group selected from the group dropdown , click 'Search' - selection boxes will appear next to users that meet that criteria. Select the users, and scroll to the bottom of the page and select "Edit user enrolments" and click 'Go' -- then "Alter status > Suspended".

En respuesta a John Provasnik

por Whitney Lowe -

Thanks John, I will try that. 

por Whitney Lowe -

If I suspend this entire group, will I lose records of work they have completed?

por John Provasnik -
Imagen de Particularly helpful Moodlers Imagen de Testers

No, as they are still enrolled in the course. All records will still be there. But...As always, do a test - start by suspending a test student and then make sure everything you need access to is still there (and accessible for whoever needs to see it) after the suspension.