mod_scorm_mod_form::data_preprocessing() called twice

mod_scorm_mod_form::data_preprocessing() called twice

by Mike Finch -
Number of replies: 0

Moodle version:  3.0.2

I should make this suggestion as a Moodle Tracker issue.  But, new user signup there is currently disabled.  So, I mention in here before I forget.

The mod_scorm_mod_form class ( vide moodle\mod\scorm\mod_form.php ) derives from the moodleform_mod class ( vide moodle\course\moodleform_mod.php ).  mod_scorm_mod_form overrides the set_data() function, and does the following.

• Make some changes to the given $defaultvalues.
  • Call data_preprocessing(), which is an override of the parent's data_preprocessing() but does not call the parent function.
  • Call parent::set_data().

However, in the parent moodleform_mod::set_data(), data_preprocessing() is also called.

This results in mod_scorm_mod_form::data_preprocessing() being called twice.   I think that this is unnecessary, and I suggest the following changes.

• Do not call data_preprocessing() in mod_scorm_mod_form::set_data().
  • The rest of what mod_scorm_mod_form::set_data() does is make changes to the given $defaultvalues.  Thus, it could be moved to mod_scorm_mod_form::data_preprocessing.
  • That leaves mod_scorm_mod_form::set_data() with nothing to do.  Thus, it can be eliminated.

Another result of the current code is that the parent moodleform_mod::data_preprocessing() is never called.  There could be a good reason why it should not be called when editing a SCORM activity.  But if not, then I additionally suggest the following changes.

• In mod_scorm_mod_form::data_preprocessing(), call parent::data_preprocessing(), likely at the beginning of the function.
Average of ratings: -