LDAP sync users job

Re: LDAP sync users job

by Aretha Etienne -
Number of replies: 2

The CN name was changed slightly. It worked once i corrected this bind setting. Thank you.  

Last week we talked about setting up the cron job for syncing users to LDAP because under Site Administration> servers> scheduled tasks, the status would remain as ASAP and not execute the task. 

On May 2, 2016, you suggested that I do the following:

crontab -u www-data -e

Then in the file that opens add the following...

*/15 * * * * /usr/bin/php /path/to/moodle/admin/cli/cron.php >/dev/null (that will run every 15 minutes)

Will this execute all cron jobs every 15 minutes?  Because for now, I would like to only execute the auth_ldap\task\sync_task   job, since we are still on our test site and my space is limited. So I don't want to start all cron jobs.

How would I do this?  

In reply to Aretha Etienne

Moodle Permissions

by Aretha Etienne -

Does anyone know the file permissions for moodle and moodledata.  Currently, I have moodle and moodledata recursively as:

drwxr-xr-x   www-data  www-data  moodle

drwxr-x---     www-data  www-data  moodledata

I have been getting some errors stating "Invalid permissions detected when trying to create a directory." 

In reply to Aretha Etienne

Re: Moodle Permissions

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You might try duplicating the moodle permissions to your moodledata folder and see if that resolves it.