Completion Progress block

Re: Completion Progress block

by Becci Brace -
Number of replies: 0

Hello!  The progress block has been a valuable tool in our courses for two years now.  We have just done an upgrade from 3.1 to 3.8 (I know...I know...) and we are experiencing some issues with the display, activity completion, and activity restriction.

For the last two years, we have has the following setup:

-an assignment must be submitted to be complete (shows up yellow on the bar until it is graded)

-The next assignment has the completion of the previous assignment as a restriction.  They can't move on until they have submitted the previous assignment but do not have to wait for a grade.

In our new instance, when the assignment is submitted, the progress block is green.  In order to fix this, I adjusted the completion settings so that the student must receive a grade to complete the assignment.  This resulted in the block turning yellow, but now prevents students from moving on to the next assignment until it is graded.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?  I understand why it's happening, I just don't understand why it wasn't happening for the last two years : )