How to sync user data from Moodle to WebPA?

How to sync user data from Moodle to WebPA?

di na li -
Numero di risposte: 3

Dear Sir/Madam,

Many thanks for all the great contributions you've made for Moodle. I'm working at an international University and we've used Moodle as our LMS for over 10 years. We've installed Moodle 3.0 and preparing for the upgrade for next academic year.

We are using WebPA for online peer assessment. But I haven't find a way to synchronise the user data from Moodle to WebPA yet. I searched on WebPA's official website, the Moodle tracker, but still failed to launch the membership service.

The following screenshot shows the "upload data" menu on WebPA. From the guideline of WebPA LTI,  in order to have the "upload data" menu be available on our WebPA website, I need to configure the membership service. I checked the Moodle3.0 LTI "manage external tool registrations" (Administration->site administration->Plugins->Activity modules->LTI), but I don't know where to find the "Registration URL".

Following is the screenshot of the Moodle 3.0 LTI "manage external tool registrations" , I tried to use the "Tool Base URL" for the "Registration URL", but failed to connect.  

We will really appreciate it if anyone could help with this.

Media dei voti: Useful (1)
In riposta a na li

Re: How to sync user data from Moodle to WebPA?

di na li -

I found that I could not change the subject. In order to make it clearer, the Subject is better to be :

How to sync students user data, e.g. groups from Moodle to WebPA

Thanks.

In riposta a na li

di na li -

We’ve setup the LTI connector for our local WebPA server and Moodle server. But in order to enable the “groups enhancement memberships” function as mentioned on the LTI Connector Overview page(please see the attached screenshot named“LTI Connector”), Moodle 3.0 need a registration URL(please see the attached screenshot named “registration URL”).

I’ve read from the Moodle Tracker website, the core Moodle LTI cannot support the membership service before, but the issue has been fixed by the latest version Moodle 3.0(the attached screenshot named “Tracker1” shows that issue was fixed by version 3.0 of Moodle. The attache screenshot named “Tracker-WebPA” shows that issue is WebPA related).

Here is the link of the Moodle tracker:

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-41724

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-50658

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-44170

So would any one could please help with the Registration URL? ( which Moodle 3.0 needed to enable the membership service, so that we can sync students group information from Moodle to WebPA.)

Many thanks.

Best wishes,

Lina

In riposta a na li

di Roland Sherwood -

We've encountered exactly the same issue here.

Our hope was that the issue of being able to import group data to WebPA would be solved in Moodle 3.0 (based on the description and some of the comments associated with MDL-41725). However, since it looks like use of the LTI memberships service requires the LTI client to offer up some sort of Registration URL - which, to the best of my knowledge, WebPA doesn't do - we're still completely stuck. What's even more frustrating is that apparently BlackBoard can import group data without issue.

If anyone has any insight I'd really be grateful if it could be shared.