Level up plugin

Level up plugin

by Hemamalini K R -
Number of replies: 4

Using moodle 2.9.2

Have installed Level Up plugin. But not able to properly set the rules. A sample for this will help. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hemamalini K R

Re: Level up plugin

by Frédéric Massart ⭐ -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

No need to set-up additional rules, default ones are already in place. Could you expand on what you are trying to do for us to help with the sample?

Cheers,

Fred

In reply to Frédéric Massart ⭐

by Hemamalini K R -
Hi Frederic,

Let me explain my requirement and the settings i have done for the same.

Want to use Level up plugin for Ranking purposes, like a leadership board to show the participants who is leading followed by other participants based on their points

Say For example:

1. When a participant views a course or a module, some points to be gained

2. When he submits an assignment, some points to be gained

3. When he finishes a quiz, Some points to be gained..... & so on

I could see that for different activities , events ,....etc points can be given.

Need some clarifications:

1. Can this plugin be used for ranking participants based on activity completion i.e points to be added only when an activity gets completed?

2. points to be added only when a participant clears an assessment with a specific grade

3. points to be added only if a participants gets a certain grade for an assignment submitted

Please find the screenshot of the settings done by me for the same.

Levelup Infos

In reply to Hemamalini K R

by Frédéric Massart ⭐ -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi,

The plugin was designed to reward a student for their participation, not for their results. Somehow I added a leaderboard but, just like in an RPG, ranking players by their level is not a good metric as it's only reflects on how much time they have invested in the game/course.

1. Can this plugin be used for ranking participants based on activity completion i.e points to be added only when an activity gets completed?

No, for the reasons mentioned above.

2. points to be added only when a participant clears an assessment with a specific grade

3. points to be added only if a participants gets a certain grade for an assignment submitted

If you feel strongly about this, I suggest you raise an issue at https://github.com/FMCorz/moodle-block_xp/issues It is not impossible that I add that feature in the future due to the numerous enquiries.

Now, coming back to your rules, they seem to be fine except maybe for the combination of activity + event. You have selected the event "File: course module viewed" and a specific activity. That directly translates to "When the event is happening in activity/resource X, and when a file resource is being viewed". If your X is not a file resource the event will never match.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Fred
In reply to Frédéric Massart ⭐

by Hemamalini K R -

HI Frederic,

Thanks for your immediate response. Your response has given me some clarity.

But still not able to understand how points are getting added.

My Rule says:

30 points will get added if the following conditions are satisfied 1. Activity /resource - Bk-Part1 and

2. Event is File Course module viewed

30 points will get added if the following conditions are satisfied 1. Activity /resource - Bk-Part2 and

30 points will get added if the following conditions are satisfied 1. Activity /resource - Bk-Part3 and

My course has only 3 activities - File BK-Part1, File - BK-Part2, File - BK-Part3

If a participant views all three should get only 90 points (my understanding) i.e when he views first course module 30 points, 2nd course module 30 points and third course module 30 points. 

Not sure if my understanding is right.

But when i check the logs i see some additional points is getting added other than what i have set. Can you please help me to understand?