Profile settings

Profile settings

by Gavin Hartley -
Number of replies: 4

On a previous version of moodle I use to see My profile settings. Now its not there any more.

Any luck of getting it back? (The screenshot above was taken from someone in the forum so I am still not seeing it).

Also I would like for learners to see this.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gavin Hartley

Re: Profile settings

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

What version?

I think in 2.9 the My profile options moved.  Where before they were in the administration block, in 2.9 you access them by clicking the dropdown next to your name (where you access the dashboard, logout and such).  Emphasis on I think.  I have about 2 hours of experience (or less) in 2.9 and most of it isn't related to this...

In reply to Melanie Scott

by Gavin Hartley -

Thanks Melanie, How do I enable the dropdown menu because yes its true I saw it there.

In reply to Gavin Hartley

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I don't think you have to enable it.  I think it just works.  Your theme may be relevant...I tend to use the core themes (had trouble getting a custom theme that didn't break grades enhancements and stuff in config reports).  I have noticed the dropdown isn't available while a page is loading.  So while you can click other links on a page that hasn't finished loading, you can't access your options until it is done.

In reply to Melanie Scott

by Gavin Hartley -

Hi Melanie, indeed it is the theme. I have a custom build in theme and previously it was hashed# out. So I've added it back in and designed it with look and feel of essential but with my own links which I had to add in profileblock.php.

All worked well thanks for help and reminder of this.