Separate "Create new Course" and "Schedule existing Course"

Separate "Create new Course" and "Schedule existing Course"

by Leslie Huang -
Number of replies: 7

Is any plugins, or blocks, I can add to Moodle 3.0.3, in order to have "create a course" and "schedule an existing course" as two separated processes?  Because our organization repeatedly offers one same course multiple times. Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Leslie Huang

Re: Separate "Create new Course" and "Schedule existing Course"

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

If the courses you offer several times are classroom classes that people sign up or register for, you could look at the facetoface activity plugin.  You create one course and add that activity, then build many sessions in the one activity.  F2F does okay, I use it in many courses.  It can be a little tricky, has some odd quirks but generally we like it.

If it's on-line, I don't have anything.

In reply to Melanie Scott

by Leslie Huang -

Thanks Melaine! 

I have further questions after briefly went through the doc for face-to-face:

1) What makes difference between online and classroom, with this plugin?  What does it not do for online?

2) We usually have one course and been offered for many times in years.  Do it have any limit numbers for sessions?

3) Can we take other activities like Assignment, Attendance, etc, separately for each of session? 

In reply to Leslie Huang

by Leslie Huang -

Also, It looks like facetoface only supports to Moodle2.8.  Did anyone use it for 3.0?  Thanks.

In reply to Leslie Huang

by Melanie Scott -

The plugin maintainer suggested in December that a 2.9 and 3.0x version would be available soon (or, early 2016).  I am anxiously awaiting it!

In reply to Leslie Huang

by Melanie Scott -

1.  All F2F does is allow you to create sessions, allow people to sign up and then take attendance.  I can't think of a reason you would use if for on-line, we just use it for classroom session tracking.

2.  Not that I've found and we've had many session set up.

3.  I'm not sure I understand the question.  Are you asking if you can include other activities in courses with F2F?  Yes...just like any other activity.  If that's not what you're asking, please clarify.

In reply to Melanie Scott

by Leslie Huang -

Thank you Melanie for all the responses!

I actually have tried face-to-face in my dev moodle.  The version 2.9 seems work fine for 3.0.  However I have difficulties with activities: For example, Attendance only works for attendees enrolled in Course level.  For those attendees signed up for face-to-face sessions, Attendance wouldn't work. 

Is there any way I can have separated activities for each session of face-to-face?

We will have different participants for each session, we need Attendance, Quiz, Certificates, reports, etc, separately for each session.

Thanks.

In reply to Leslie Huang

by Melanie Scott -

If you want to look at how each class does on activities, you could set up groups at the course level and (I don't know about Attendance) separate/display the activities (and the grade book or completion status) by group.  I'm not sure if that's what you're talking about or not.

Really, any activity won't work properly unless the user is enrolled in the class.