If I upgrade my moodle from 2.4 to the current version, what will happen with the certificate plugin?

Re: If I upgrade my moodle from 2.4 to the current version, what will happen with the certificate plugin?

by Emma Richardson -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

As long as the upgrade goes through and you do not uninstall certificate, there is no reason you should lose any settings.  Those are all stored in the database.  I am currently on 3.0.3 and running certificate version 0.1.2 with no problem that I know of.  Just be sure to go through the upgrade correctly from your version to the new version and be sure to have a solid backup first.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: If I upgrade my moodle from 2.4 to the current version, what will happen with the certificate plugin?

by John McDonald -

I am running both moodle 2.6 and moodle 3.0.3. Certificates work, but on 3.0.3, the letter on 8.5 x 11.0 does not print correctly. When I open in adobe, it shows the pdf as 11.69 x 8.27 inches, causing print issues. On 2.6, the pdf shows 11 x 8.5 and prints correctly. This sounds like a pdf library or class issue, but I just found this issue today. If anyone has a solution, or thoughts on a solution, please let me know.

Thanks!