If I upgrade my moodle from 2.4 to the current version, what will happen with the certificate plugin?

If I upgrade my moodle from 2.4 to the current version, what will happen with the certificate plugin?

by Cindy Weber -
Number of replies: 4

I am using moodle version 2.4.3.  The reason I stopped upgrading, was because I have quite a few modifications and the last time I upgraded, my students (who are working in the moodle 24/7) lost the certificate module.  Now I am not as brave.  Does anyone have any tips on how I can upgrade an older moodle without losing certificate?

I feel I may need to upgrade because my students who use Iphones, can't see all of the text on the page.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Cindy Weber

Re: If I upgrade my moodle from 2.4 to the current version, what will happen with the certificate plugin?

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I have Certificate in my 3.0 module.  You just want to download the latest versions before the upgrade - that often helps.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: If I upgrade my moodle from 2.4 to the current version, what will happen with the certificate plugin?

by Cindy Weber -

I am going to try and upgrade my moodle from 2.4.3 to the 3.0.3 version.  I have certificate customization.  I have settings that the certificate is contingent upon a score on a quiz.  I have a time restriction to make sure students don't earn a certificate until the time has passed.

I don't see an option to upgrade the certificate module to version 3.0 within my current moodle.  The upgrade version listed is old.

I have been searching through the help pages, and can't find good help for upgrading the certificate module without loosing settings and customization.  

Emma...do you know of any good directions? I copied my certificate folder.  I am working on a copy of my moodle. 

In reply to Cindy Weber

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

As long as the upgrade goes through and you do not uninstall certificate, there is no reason you should lose any settings.  Those are all stored in the database.  I am currently on 3.0.3 and running certificate version 0.1.2 with no problem that I know of.  Just be sure to go through the upgrade correctly from your version to the new version and be sure to have a solid backup first.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Emma Richardson

by John McDonald -

I am running both moodle 2.6 and moodle 3.0.3. Certificates work, but on 3.0.3, the letter on 8.5 x 11.0 does not print correctly. When I open in adobe, it shows the pdf as 11.69 x 8.27 inches, causing print issues. On 2.6, the pdf shows 11 x 8.5 and prints correctly. This sounds like a pdf library or class issue, but I just found this issue today. If anyone has a solution, or thoughts on a solution, please let me know.

Thanks!