"No course information to show" only displaying in Moodle App

"No course information to show" only displaying in Moodle App

by Dom F -
Number of replies: 3

Hi Im getting this error message - but ONLY when the same identical user is signing in via the mobile app. They have no problems when signing in on the usual desktop moodle access. (see screen grab from iphone)

Im using moodle 2.7.3+ dev.uk film net.org/learning (remove the spaces)

The test user is a student and is enrolled via meta-linked course (the new post Moodle 2 way os using child courses!) into the actual courses. yet I get this stooopid message in the app. Which is annoying as having spent 2 years building a fully responsive, glorious looking site, I'd like to evaluate the moodle app (which does not show an update needed in the apstore_

Suggestions welcome as the other thread talks about a temp folder AND on deskptops, neither of which is applicable here even if I understood Steve's notes on that thread.

And yes I can see some perfectly accessible courses in the moodle/my page on the DESKTOP browser view of the site 

Manythanks

Dom

Attachment IMG_4473.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dom F

Re: "No course information to show" only displaying in Moodle App

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Dom,

do you see any error message when you're accessing using the app? If the request to get the courses fails it should show an error message in a modal.

Also, it would be great if you could provide us a test account via private message. Please send us the Moodle URL, username and password and we'll check what can be going on.

Kind regards,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

Re: "No course information to show" only displaying in Moodle App

by Dom F -

Hi Mary

The short answer is I dont know (and the fix looks horrendously complex and beyond my skills - so I hope there is a different solution) hence....

Hi Dani,

My thanks for the response. It is equally much appreciated Can you email me at dom AT  uk fil net DOT org and I will create the account. What role do you need? student? teacher? teacher-W-E?, sysadmin?

Speak soon

Dom