Advanced Grading - searching with Essential theme

Advanced Grading - searching with Essential theme

by David Conrad -
Number of replies: 14

Moodle 3.0.3 Essential 3.0.1

The text and background box are both black in a search box that appears when going to the grading form search: Course>Assignment>Advanced Grading>Select grading method dropdown and choose Marking guide or Rubric> click Create new grading form from template. This brings me to /grade/grading/pick.php 

Ideally the black text will be white. Also the blue search text field is easily mistaken for a button. I think it should white, like most text fields. The black box is responsive but in this instance seems a bit bulky in some sizes. Other pages the black box is slim. Maybe because it usually just has buttons, not a checkbox, text, search window (empty text field) and a Search button.

Attachment Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 10.51.45 AM.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Conrad

Re: Advanced Grading - searching with Essential theme

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Ok, firstly when posting here do you see the message at the top asking for the information to provide?

Secondly, what:

Version of Moodle?

Version of Essential?

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by David Conrad -

My apologies for not including this. I've edited my post to include those details. 

In reply to David Conrad

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Thanks David, I can replicate and have raised: https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-theme_essential/issues/642.

by Gareth J Barnard -

by David Conrad -

Thank you. We've updated to Essential 3.0.1.2 and can see the changes (still using Moodle v3.0.2). When you click on the search box, it doesn't put your cursor there and when you type in the box, the text is so light (almost white) that you can hardly read it.

Attachment Screen Shot 2016-03-29 at 5.18.27 PM.png
In reply to David Conrad

by Gareth J Barnard -

Are you running that 3.0.1.2 on a test server David?, as that version is 'under development'.

by Gareth J Barnard -

by David Conrad -

Thanks your your help. I've added new update on a test server but the text still appears as white. 

In reply to David Conrad

by Gareth J Barnard -

Hi David,

Have you 'Purged all caches'?

G

by David Conrad -

Yes and the issue still persists. 

In reply to David Conrad

by Gareth J Barnard -

Hi David,

As I cannot replicate locally, please could I have a login to your test server and see if I can see what is going on.

G

by David Conrad -

I reimported the master and the text is now black. Issue resolved. Thank you. 

In reply to David Conrad

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi David,

To change the text colour you could try adding this CSS to the Essential settings page
where you will find the Custom CSS box.

#page-grade-grading-pick #region-main form.templatesearchform.mform input[type="text"] {
color: #4d4d4d;
}

Remember to save your settings and then Purge all cache.

Hope that helps?

Cheers

Mary