Cohort Sync not Working - M2.9

Cohort Sync not Working - M2.9

de Ken St. John -
Número de respuestas: 2

I've enable the cohort sync plugin and it appears as an option in the enrollment methods in all courses.

For a test,  in an existing course, I setup the cohort sync method for a particular cohort that exists.

This cohort is one of the options that appears in the dropdown menu of the "main cohort" field in user profiles.

The sync enrollment method does not automatically sync all users with a matching cohort in their profile field.

Therefore, no users are enrolled in the course via the cohort sync

If I go to the cohort itself, I see no users appearing in the list which I believe is the issue.

Here I can manually add a user to the cohort, check the enrollemnts, and he is listed as enrolled via the cohort sync.

Bur obviously not automatically.

I thought it might be a cron issue so I have manually run cron without any change.

Any ideas as to why all the users with a matching cohort aren't automatically enrolled in this course? Or, do I not understand the function of cohort sync?

Promedio de valoraciones: -
En respuesta a Ken St. John

Re: Cohort Sync not Working - M2.9

de Helen Foster -
Imagen de Core developers Imagen de Documentation writers Imagen de Moodle HQ Imagen de Particularly helpful Moodlers Imagen de Plugin developers Imagen de Testers Imagen de Translators

Hi Ken,

Sorry I don't understand what you mean by 'This cohort is one of the options that appears in the dropdown menu of the "main cohort" field in user profiles.'?

Cohort sync is for enrolling all members of a cohort into a course. It does not add users to a cohort. For ways of adding users to a cohort, please see the documentation Cohorts.

En respuesta a Helen Foster

Re: Cohort Sync not Working - M2.9

de Ken St. John -

Hi Helen - thanks for replying. I appreciate the way you help everyone!

My point for the statement was to show our process for adding users to the cohort. In the user profile I use the "Main Cohort" field to specify a cohort when we register a user. This field is a default profile field in Moodle ver 2.9 that we are using. I was simply stating that the drop down menu for the "Main Cohort" field does list the cohorts we set up so I know they do exist.

My assumption was that by specifying a cohort in this profile field it would enroll the user in that cohort. Evidently not.

So my next assumption is that cohort sync would read this field and enroll the user. Wrong again.

I do know how to add them manually but that's a chore with 1000 users and 20 cohorts. This makes me wonder what cohort sync actually does. Reading the other posts it seems that it's supposed to batch enroll users but I can't figure out how. Also, just for the record, the plugin is enabled.