Login Problem

Login Problem

by jason anderson -
Number of replies: 4

Hello,

I am an end user that is having difficulty logging into Moodle mobile.  If I use my correct user name and password I get the error "invalid response value detected",  If I put in the incorrect password with he same user name I get " The username was not found in the database".  

I have been working with the IT at my school and have done all that they have asked such as update the app, uninstall and reinstall the app, reboot phone, and every combination.  My device is an Iphone 6s, I have also tried it on an android device.

Just looking for suggestions 

Thanks

Jason

Average of ratings: -
In reply to jason anderson

Re: Login Problem

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Jason,

the "invalid response value detected" error means that something is not working right in a WebService. There are several things that can cause this.

To determine the cause of the error we'll need a test account and also the Moodle site will need to have the Developer debug mode enabled (Site Administration > Development > Debugging).

Please tell your Moodle administrator to get in contact with us so we can help them fix this issue.

Kind regards,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by Wolford Helpdesk -
Hi Daniel,

I am the system administrator for the college Jason is attending. I have been working with Moodle support with no luck so far.

Here is the URL - http://wolford.mrooms2.net and I have created a test account. Does the account need administrative privileges?  I have turned on debugging as well.  I will send you a direct message with the account details when you are ready.

The error is strange as some accounts login successfully using the app while others don't. I haven't been able to find a commonality.

I have read through a forum about the issue and you mentioned the user quota. Our quota is set to 104857600 without any white spaces added.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
In reply to Wolford Helpdesk

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi!

Sorry for the delay in answering. The account doesn't need administrative privileges, the only requirement is that it's unable to login using the app.

You can send me the credentials via private message.

Kind regards,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by Wolford Helpdesk -
Good morning,

Update - the system was trying to connect using the language pack en-US. I checked our site and the en language pack was the only one installed. I installed the other one and it seems to be working so far. I will ask the student to try but I believe we are good to go.

Thank you so much Daniel!