File Submission Assignment shows incorrect number of submissions

File Submission Assignment shows incorrect number of submissions

by Anthony McGovern -
Number of replies: 3

Good Afternoon 

Im having a strange problem with an assignment in one of our modules in moodle. We are currently running Moodle Moodle 2.8.10 (Build: 20160111) As fas as i am aware the issue i am about to describe is only happening in one assignment in one module (or subject as we call them). We are using The Assignment mod version (Standard 2014111001) There is an assignment which has been configured for file upload. out of 120 student 65 uploaded within the time limit specified. However as a teacher when you goto the assignment overview it says 15 people have uploaded. 

If you view the assignment submissons you can see the 65 odd assignments upload but 15 of them have been marked as submitted for assignment the others have not and i have no idea why this is. I have attached screenshots so you can see what i mean. You can see some of the 15 submitted at the top of the first screenshot however near the bottom other students have submitted the assignment but do not show up as submitted for grading. 

Any help or advise as to why this is so i can inform the teacher as to why this would be happening i would be most grateful. 

Kind Regards 

Anthony McGovern 

Attachment Assignment-Issues.png
Attachment Assignment-Issues2.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anthony McGovern

Re: File Submission Assignment shows incorrect number of submissions

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

My guess would be that the students did not click on the submit for grading button...

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Anthony McGovern -

Hi Emma

Thank you for getting back to me. I've had a look at the Assignment Submission and as far as i can tell there inst an option for Submit for grading. There is just an area to attach a file to upload and a save changes button. Once you upload the file and hit save changes it submits for grading. Do you know where this option normally is? 

Thanks 

In reply to Anthony McGovern

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

It would normally be by the save changes or perhaps on the next screen.  It is an option to turn on in Edit Settings for the assignment.  

Other possibilities could be that those showing up are from people that are not actually students in the course -  perhaps they have another role that is not graded?  Or a grade has been manually entered and then cleared out for those students but the overridden box not cleared?  

Try logging in as one of the students and go to the assignment and see what is shows there...