Activity adminstration block links and switches not working

Activity adminstration block links and switches not working

per AL Rachels -
Nombre de respostes: 2
Imatge Core developers Imatge Particularly helpful Moodlers Imatge Plugin developers Imatge Testers

I have been trying to update an apparently abandoned activity that hasn't been updated since it's original version for Moodle 2.1.

I have gotten every debug message taken care of but still have one problem that doesn't generate any debug message and has me stumped.

When I enter the activity, most of the links in the administration block do not work. The triangles will not rotate to open or close the list of options/links. The links under administration, (edit, roles, permissions, filter, etc.) for the activity itself work. The Link for Course administration, Switch role to..., and My profile settings, all change the browser to a pointing finger, but clicking doesn't work, and the triangles are closed and will not rotate to open.  The Site administration triangle is also unresponsive, but clicking on the words, Site administration, does take me to the Notifications page with all the administration options there and working as they should.

All of this broke stuff works like it should in Moodle 2.1, but not in Moodle 2.7, even when I install the unmodified 2.1 version into my Moodle 2.7 dev site. Anyone have any suggestions on what might be wrong and what I should be looking for?
Mitjana de qualificacions: -
En resposta a AL Rachels

Re: Activity adminstration block links and switches not working

per Tim Hunt -
Imatge Core developers Imatge Documentation writers Imatge Particularly helpful Moodlers Imatge Peer reviewers Imatge Plugin developers

That sounds like a JavaScript error. Have you looked in the JavaScript console in your web browser?

En resposta a Tim Hunt

Re: Activity adminstration block links and switches not working

per AL Rachels -
Imatge Core developers Imatge Particularly helpful Moodlers Imatge Plugin developers Imatge Testers

Thanks Tim,

It appears to definitely be something to do with the one JavaScript file in this activity. In fact, it is starting to look like I might be able to eliminate the file as bypassing the code that calls it, now lets all the navigation work, and the module seems to be working with no problems or loss of capability.

The setup prior to calling the script looks like it implements things in JavaScript that I think are included by Moodle now, that may not have been there before.

I'll have to do some more testing tomorrow an see.

Thanks again!