Closing scorm in Moodle App

Closing scorm in Moodle App

by Julia Green -
Number of replies: 5

We have set up our Scorms so that they open in new windows. I have just used the app for the first time and it worked well. I clicked on one of the Scorms and then 'enter' and the Scorm played well. However, I can't find out how to close the Scorm and return back to the course. It's probably very simple and I'm just being stupid but I'm stuck on the last slide and all I can do is go back page by page or open the outline. I am using an iPhone. TIA.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Julia Green

Re: Closing scorm in Moodle App

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Julia,

one question, cannot you see the top orange bar with the back arrow at the left?

Clicking that arrow, you should go back to the activity main page and then the course

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Julia Green -

Hi Juan.

No, no orange bars at all. I managed to get out of it eventually by turning my phone off and on but that's not a great solution.

Is it because the Scorms are set to open in a new window?

Julia

In reply to Julia Green

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Julia,

yes, it seems so (SCORM forcing full screen), but we tried to prevent this "intercepting" some javascript API calls in the iframe.

can you share with us the SCORM so we can check where is the problem and fix it in the app?

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Julia Green -

Hi Juan

We use iSpring Pro 7 to create our Scorms and when we upload them to our Moodle site we set them up as opening in a new window in the Moodle settings page. I'm happy to send you the Scorm but I don't think that will help in this case, will it, as it's not the Scorm that is causing the new window to open?

Julia

In reply to Julia Green

by Juan Leyva -

Hi,

I suspect that the SCORM is creating new iframes or new javascript popups because we, in the Mobile app, don't open any window in any case

Juan