[LOOK & LEARN] Thumbnails with labels and captions.

Re: [LOOK & LEARN] Thumbnails with labels and captions.

by Mary Evans -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I found this in moodle/lib/editor/tinymce/lib,php...which makes me suspect there is a bug in there somewhere!

if (!empty($options['legacy']) or !empty($options['noclean']) or !empty($options['trusted'])) {
            // now deal somehow with non-standard tags, people scream when we do not make moodle code xtml strict,
            // but they scream even more when we strip all tags that are not strict :-(
            $params['valid_elements'] = 'script[src|type],*[*]'; // for some reason the *[*] does not inlcude javascript src attribute MDL-25836
            $params['invalid_elements'] = '';
        }
        // Add unique moodle elements - unfortunately we have to decide if these are SPANs or DIVs.
        $params['extended_valid_elements'] = 'nolink,tex,algebra,lang[lang]';
        $params['custom_elements'] = 'nolink,~tex,~algebra,lang';

//Add onblur event for client side text validation
        if (!empty($options['required'])) {
            $params['init_instance_callback'] = 'M.editor_tinymce.onblur_event';
        }

// Allow plugins to adjust parameters.
        editor_tinymce_plugin::all_update_init_params($params, $context, $options);

// Remove temporary parameters.
        unset($params['moodle_config']);

return $params;
    }

In reply to Mary Evans

by marisol castro -

Mary,

Thank you for all your helpful posts on tips and tricks! 

I am currently running Moodle 3.3 with the Adaptable theme 1.5.3 and I would love to do something like these thumbnails on the front page for course categories.  I am having a heck of a time trying to find info on how to make categories like tiles instead of just text.

Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated!

In reply to marisol castro

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

You would be better off asking for help from the team of people who made Adaptable. They have their own website, but you cab ask for help here in this forum. Just add the theme name in the subject line as a heading along with your question.

Mary