After the research, I did and opening a ticket over at the Theme site on it.
I did ask if there could be CSS added (supplied so I could add in what has been taken out) and the reply was that it was "a Paid for service".
Thus, I have decided to future proof the work done already.
As changing out to "cards or "well" does migrate the problem, and should in effect allow for it to be stable for a few more upgrades.
i.e bootstrap 4+
With out taking away the need for them to monetize the work they do. I closed the ticket.
Noting of course that I fully understand where they are coming from on the request.
But, the answer did not fit comfortable with me, thus its better for the community to be aware that there is this change of code.
(It took a few posts of supporting evidence to convince them that there was a problem, and then the answer was a "paid fix".
This is what I have taken cause with, its not the actual problem of paying for a fix, as I pay for other themes. Lambda - from ThemeForest who I might add has been most gracious in all her dealings. )
I haven't had time to research it and couldn't get a quick answer to the problem over a 2-3 day period I was working on it..
and as I had clients that where in the need to view the pictures as there is test questions on them and written materials attached to the box sets, you can feel the pain in was in..
Thus.. a weeks worth of late nights adjusting code to bring it right.
If someone in the community knows a quick set of CSS that help others that find themselves with messed up "thumbs"
Please feel free to share..
I guess this is where H5P becomes a viable alternative, as in, what has been created is "locked in" and is not open to generic code changes that will change the format of the internal materials housed with in the H5P activity.
I have also revisited the thoughts of building materials outside of Moodle and bring them back in using the SCORM package rules.
which will also migrate this problem.
Such a small code change, such a huge headache for some..