Copy existing : "Survey does not exist."

Copy existing : "Survey does not exist."

by Kevin TREUSSIER -
Number of replies: 14

Hello,

When I try to copy an existing questionnaire, I've always got the message "Survey does not exist.". I try to use "public", "private" or "template", but it's always the same...

Wath is the problem ? Is it a bug ? How can I resolve it ?

This option could be very usefull for me...

Thanks...

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kevin TREUSSIER

Re: Copy existing : "Survey does not exist."

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Are you doing this from the Moodle mod page? Can you provide a screen capture of the pages leading up to this, and the error page?

mike
In reply to Mike Churchward

by Michael Penney -

Getting this here too, create survey as template, try to create new survey, go from Moodle mod page to first screen of phpESP, click edit questions, get "Survey does not exist".

Help, we have ~40 surveys to createsad. Creating them new works fine, just when trying to copy.

In reply to Michael Penney

by Mike Churchward -
Sorry. Are you having trouble creating a template, or creating from a template?

I am able to do both without a problem....

When you say "first screen of phpESP", you aren't using the phpESP manager, right?

Any chance I can see it first hand? Can you email me an account with teacher access somewhere?

mike

by Kevin TREUSSIER -

Yes, I did it from the moodle mod page...

capture1

when I try to select for example this template, then I click on "continue" and I have this message :

capture2

I'm sure this survey exist because I am able to use it, edit it, ... I just can't copy it.

Do you have an idea why ? Is it a configuration problem ? It seems to be OK for you...

Thanks for your answers...

Kev

by Mike Churchward -
Is it only that survey? Can you copy other surveys? Can you create one from scratch and use it as a copy?

When you say you can edit it and use it, what do you mean? The one you are pointing to is a 'template' survey, so you should only be able to copy it, not use it.

mike

by Lael ... -
HI, you may already know/ have done this... but the value 'register_long_arrays' must be set to 'on' (in php.ini). Just had the same issue, and finally realised what the issue was.. all working now.. very nice!
In reply to Lael ...

by Kevin TREUSSIER -

Yes, it's true : I can't use "template" survey, but it's normal... 

It's not only for that survey but I don't really know why sometimes it's possible to copy a survey and sometimes not. For example, the "Evaluation_template_cc_copy_1" was copied from the "Evaluation_template_cc" but now when I tryed to copy this template, it doesn't work...

Each time I try to test copy with a new template, a the beginning it was ok but after, it was not... Maybe it's because I have change the questions of this template after ?

About the "register_long_arrays" value, I haven't got this line on my php.ini. I think it's because I use a version 4.3.11 of PHP on my server and this line exist only for PHP 5 or more.

Do you think I have to upgrade my php version to be able to copy my templates easily ? There is another solution ? (I prefer keep this version for the moment because I'm not the only one who works on this server...) 

Thanks for your rapid answers and sorry for my bad english wink

Kevin

by Mike Churchward -
No, you don't need to change your php version.

Can you send me an SQL dump of your 'questionnaire' and 'questionnaire_survey' tables?

mike

by Kevin TREUSSIER -

Hello,

I can't send you this SQL dump today because I haven't got access to it. I ask my admin to have it...

But I think it's a special character probleme ! I change the text of each question and titles that contain special character ( é, è , ', :, ê, ç, ...) in the Template which I have problem, and now I'am able to copy this survey again...

Could you tell me witch caracteres are not compatible in the different fields of Questionnaire module ?

It's a problem for a french user to not be allowed to use this special charactere but It's better than nothing ! Now I'm able to re-use questionnaire and It's more important...

by Jérôme DEMIAUX -
hello,

If you have always problems with survey, try to modify your configuration of apache.
In php.ini, you must have this line:
    default_charset = "iso-8859-1"
for french special characters.

I hope my suggestion don't arrived later.

Jérôme
In reply to Jérôme DEMIAUX

by Jérôme DEMIAUX -
Sorry, this solution doesn't work.
After differents tests, you should not use special character in the sheet "general" but questions and answers are free.

Jérôme.

by Richard Crawford -
*bump*

Has a solution to this issue been found?   I'm having exactly the same problem.  I can create new questionnaires, and I can edit existing questionnaires.  I can also edit existing templates.  However, when I attempt to copy a new questionnaire from an existing template, I get the error message:  "Survey does not exist".  I am using Moodle 1.5.2 with PHP 4.4 on Apache 1.3.33.  We upgraded from Moodle 1.4, where we had no problems with questionnaires.

In reply to Richard Crawford

by Mike Churchward -
Okay. I think I found it. I was able to duplicate it with a survey that had single quotes in the title. Turns out I wasn't handling quotes properly when taking data from a database to a database.

This is now fixed in CVS.

mike