CMS integrations: Moodle with Typo3 integration

CMS integrations: Moodle with Typo3 integration

by Thorwald Westmaas -
Number of replies: 9

Anybody out there using the Typo3 (www.typo3.org) content management system and using or considering an extension to allow single logon with Moodle?

(in case you don't know Typo3, it's the "Moodle' of content management systems smile

Thorwald

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Thorwald Westmaas

Ang: Moodle with Typo3 integration

by Jens Gammelgaard -
Picture of Translators
Hi Thorwald,

The solution is only one programming day away, so if you need it then take a look here:

http://www.single-signon.com/en/applications.html

BR
Jens Gammelgaard
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

Re: CMS integrations: Moodle with Typo3 integration

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
I changed some Emails with Kurt Dirnbauer (dirnbauer@web-consulting.at) about this in the last days.

He wrote that you can use the description of Andreas Weber from the Berlin moodle conference in March 2005 about the integration of moodle and mambo:
> you have to make a conn. to the "fe_users"-table in typo3. there you
> will find "username", "password". encryption for username --> no (or
> none, it is the last line in this setup.
Here you find the german presentation from Andreas : http://moodle.de/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=302

Ralf Hilgenstock

by Robert Krüger -

Hi! I got it!

For the typo3 frontend.

It works as followed:

The typo3 frontend user loggons on. Then there is a link. The user presses the link and moodle will open. moodle than tries to authentificate the typo3 user. if he has an account he will get in. if not you can select if the account will be created or not.

It works with the SSL Framework DirectSSO (opensource). www.single-signon.com. Part of this framework is a typo3 extension, an agent and an adapter for the third party application. it is secure because it works with ssl privae/public key pair.

For more question feel free to ask me.

I have a question too:

Is it possible to integrate moodle for typo3 backend users?
The administrator should also have a link to moodle if he is logged on in typo3. Moodle then should appear in the typo3 backend (iframe). The admin should also be logged in. So he can work in moodle without another authentification directly from typo3 backend.

Some experiences?

In reply to Robert Krüger

by Andi Becker -
Hat hier schon jemand eine Loesung entwickelt - d.h. eine TYPO3 extension erstellt, die z.B. ueber xmlrpc mit Moodle kommuniziert wie es auch mit Joomla funktioniert?
In reply to Andi Becker

by Andi Becker -
HMM sorry I just saw that I have Posted in German.

Does anybody has successfully integrated TYPO3 in Moodle. I have further seen in the bug tracker that Moodle 2.0 is integrating typo3 libs into its system. Why don't you Mashup both Systems?

by Amol Bhandari -
hello i have tried integrating typo3 with moodle.i have used Single sign on extension in typo3 to connect to moodle.everything works fine.even from typo3 users which are logged onn sets the session in the moodle. but once i redirect the page to
../moodle/login/index.php file
the user is not logged on.
do i have to redirect it to some other page.
which is the page where i can redirect such that the details which are passed from typo3 i.e. username sessions of moodle and typo3 and more information can be just checked in that particular moodle file so that the user is logged in.
plz help
In reply to Amol Bhandari

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

Sorry I can't answer your question, however I'm just moving this thread to the CMS extensions and integrations forum, where hopefully someone will be able to help.