Chrome issues with SCORM package in Moodle 2.3.2

Chrome issues with SCORM package in Moodle 2.3.2

by Dean Miller -
Number of replies: 4

I have a client that is attempting to launch a simple SCORM package I provided.  They can get this to work on IE, but it does not launch on either Chrome (48) or Firefox (version unknown.)  In IE, when they click "Enter" for the SCORM package, they get the standard Activity loading message, and then the window launches (I'm using popup.)  When they click Enter in Chrome, the "Activity loading" message does not get displayed and the new window does not launch.   They see what is in the attached screenshot.

I can use the SAME scorm package in Chrome 48 using Moodle 3.0.1 with no issues.

Any ideas?

(Edited by Dan Marsden - removed image showing url to insecure site. original submission Friday, 26 February 2016, 9:01 AM)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dean Miller

Re: Chrome issues with SCORM package in Moodle 2.3.2

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I've just moved your forum post to the dedicated SCORM forum to see if you get more help. However, it might be an idea to see if there is any way your client can upgrade because Moodle 2.3 is very old and support ended for Moodle 2.3 over two years ago. (I know it is difficult for some organisations to upgrade but I'm just pointing it out before anyone else does.)

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I agree with Mary... You already know the solution.... upgrade to a recent stable supported version of Moodle (and then schedule future upgrades as part of a regular cycle/plan) I'd also point out to them that the version of Moodle they are running contains a number of known security issues that could allow a malicious user to seriously compromise their site so they should priortise an upgrade to address the security issues (which will also likely fix their SCORM issues)

I have also removed the image in your original post as it included the url to the insecure site. You probably don't want to advertise that url and the fact that you are running such an old insecure version of Moodle.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Dean Miller -

THanks.  Unfortunately, I do not control their Moodle site, or the version they use.  (That is the reality of enterprise customers. sad)  But, I will relay your information on security threats to them.

So, it appears they are stuck with this problem, as they have no plans to upgrade to 3.0 at present?

In reply to Dean Miller

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

"So, it appears they are stuck with this problem, as they have no plans to upgrade to 3.0 at present?"

yes. This is not an enterprise customer issue - it's an issue with the management of this particular site. If they are not able to maintain their systems there are many external hosting providers/Moodle Partners that can provide support to help them with this.