Stable web-conferencing in Moodle

Re: Stable web-conferencing in Moodle

by Robert McNulty -
Number of replies: 0

Thank you Andy. I really think BigBlueButton is great and I too don't have problems using it with others in the US or Canada. I don't think the problem is a server issue as we using a high quality dedicated server, but it probably does relate to the bandwidth on the part of the tutors and students. However, my students and instructors don't have the same problem with Skype, but Skype doesn't integrate with Moodle the way BBB does, and that integration is crucial as I need to do things like monitor attendance, etc. As it stands, BBB seems to be the best program, but the problems we have are undermining our program.  I've raised this with Fred Dixon and he's generous and responsive. But I don't see a solution.  I'm trying now to hire a tech support person who can work with each student and tutor (who are from countries around the world) and maybe that will be the best solution.  But our funds are very limited, so I thought I'd post the problem to see if any ideas came up. I didn't realize there was a web-conferencing forum.  I'll check it out. 

Thanks.