STACK: Partial grading

STACK: Partial grading

by Mikko Vasko -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I'm trying to create a STACK question which gives partial grading in a single PRT.

The question has 9 input fields. For each correct answer the student should get 1 point, so max total is 9 points. I'm using one PRT with 9 nodes and Score +1 for correct answer.

Now it seems that no matter what I write in the Question Value and the Default Mark, the question is evaluated "correct" if the students gets at least 1 point.

If I set Score +0.1 for each node, the answer is never "fully correct", but only "partially correct" (since the studens gets max 0.9 points, which is less than 1).

If I set Score +0.1 for 8 nodes, and +0.2 for the last node, the question works as expected.

Changing the values in the fields Question Value and the Default Mark does not change this behaviour.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Mikko
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mikko Vasko

Re: STACK: Partial grading

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
The score for each PRT is is initally computed out of 1. (That may later be mulitplied by other factors to get the total question score.)

So, the score adjustment for each node to +0.1111111 (~ 1/9).

Or, you could just have 9 separate PRTs.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Mikko Vasko -

Thanks for the quick reply!

I didn't find this documented anywhere.

This means if I use +0.1111111, one node still needs to have +0.1111112. Otherwise I come to 0.999999 smile

In reply to Mikko Vasko

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Actually, STACK treats anything sufficiently close to 1 as 1.