Bulk upload - Role - Non-editing teacher

Bulk upload - Role - Non-editing teacher

by Paul Joyce -
Number of replies: 4

Hi, 

I've been bulk uploading students and teachers to a course. I know how to upload users as students and regular teachers. But, how do I upload users as "non-editing teachers". Is there a number that corresponds to this?

Thank you!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Joyce

Re: Bulk upload - Role - Non-editing teacher

by Erika Khoury -

Hi Paul,

I just did an upload including the non-editing teacher role.

Add the type1 column to the CSV file with the value 3 for non-editing Teacher.

From the documentation:  Enrolment fields: (Optional):

• type sets the role to be used for the enrolment. A value of 1 is default course role, 2 is legacy Teacher role and 3 is legacy Non-editing Teacher.

complete documentation: https://docs.moodle.org/30/en/Upload_users

Erika

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Erika Khoury

by Paul Joyce -

Hi Erika,

Thanks for the help. As it says in your post and in the documentation, I used the code 3 for non-editing teacher. But Moodle still made the teachers regular teachers not non-editing ones. This wasn't a big deal because I could manually change their role, but there seems to be an issue here. 

Paul

In reply to Paul Joyce

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

When you are doing bulk uploads, you can also use a column named role1, role2, role3, etc., along with course1, course2, course3, etc., and group1, group2, ...

In the role columns you can use teacher for non-editing teacher and editingteacher for a regular teacher. Also, manager works for manager, and of course, student for student.  big grin

In reply to AL Rachels

by Paul Joyce -

Thank you Erika and Al. I appreciate your help!