How can the »required fields ...« text be displayed above the form buttons?

How can the »required fields ...« text be displayed above the form buttons?

by Urs Hunkler -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers

Is there a solution to dsiplay the »required fields ...« text above the form buttons (not below?)?

One solution might be to override the »finishForm(&$form)« method in the »HTML_QuickForm_Renderer_Tableless« class. But I don't know if a) this method can be overridden and b) where I would be able to override this method.

Can anybody tell me if it is possible to change the Moodle forms in such a way and if so give a hint how to do it? Thanks a lot.

This change may look like a cosmetic change and be therefore questionable. I think the demand to remind the users to check the required fields before they click on a button and therefore place the information above the buttons does make sense.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Urs Hunkler

Re: How can the »required fields ...« text be displayed above the form buttons?

by Urs Hunkler -

If it may not be possible to change the »required fields ...« text in the Moodle forms by overriding I would like to know where the best place would be to change the core code. I have been searching the codebase for quite a while and found the function »finishForm(&$form)« in lib/pear/HTML/QuickForm/Renderer/Tableless.php but am not sure if a change there would solve the task. Is this the right place for the change?

In reply to Urs Hunkler

Re: How can the »required fields ...« text be displayed above the form buttons?

by Urs Hunkler -

Does anybody have an idea how the task could be solved?