Error with the new SCORM player in Moodle Mobile

Error with the new SCORM player in Moodle Mobile

by Mathieu Joostens -
Number of replies: 12

Hi ! 

I'm using SCORM content made with Opale (http://scenari-platform.org/projects/opale/fr/pres/co/) and the new plugin for Moodle Mobile is very great, but I have two problems and I wonder if the problem is within the SCORM player or if I can hack this for better result : 

• When I click on the back button to exit a Scorm content, I always have a error prompt saying : 

ctx_item-a.html
SCORM 1.2 - Technical error : 
LMSFinish() return false.
SCORM 1.2 error 301
Not initialized 

• In the Opale module, there is JS code that enlarge the pictures in the SCORM module. When I click on one, i have the error message and the picture open in full size/full screen and i cannot go back (no more orange header). I must shut the app down to go back. 

I precise this SCORM contents work fine on a computer.  

Moreover, I would like to know more about tracking with the mobile app. With the mobile app, you can download SCORM content to play it online. But what about tracking in this case ? Are the tracking infos stored in some place on the mobile and sent when the device goes back online or are they lost forever ? 

Thanks in advance.

MJ

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mathieu Joostens

Re: Error with the new SCORM player in Moodle Mobile

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Mathieu,

can you share the SCORM file with me so we can try it?

About tracking, yes, tracks are stored and then sent back once the device is connected.

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Mathieu Joostens -

Thanks for your answer. Here is a link where you can dl three SCORM packages made with Scenari OPALE : http://dl.free.fr/mk7BkqlPN (it's 2.8Mb, but here is 500Kb max). All of them have the bug I describe (LMSFinish() return false when click back). 

Plus some bugs to look that differs in the different exportation formats of Scenari OPALE :  

• In Opale_NewPublication_SCORM.zip (the one I actually use), I put a picture on the first course page (lorem ipsum) that cause the app to bug when you click on it (normally on a computer, it's opening in a subwindow within the window). 
  • In Opale_OldPublication_MonoSCO.zip, the image opens well, but site is not good shown in portrait mode. 
  • In Opale_OldPublication_MultiSCO.zip, i can't scroll the page at all. 

I don't use the Old Publication Style anymore (and I think almost nobody does), but I put it for testing sake. 

Thanks for your time

MJ

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

we've been reviewing your issue and we've found that:

• Some links inside the iframe (SCORM) that points to _parent may break the app, we opened: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MOBILE-1423
  • We can see the picture opened in the subwindow
  • The scroll in  Opale_OldPublication_MultiSCO.zipdoesn't work for us either, I suppose because some internal javascript code
  • We weren't able to reproduce the Javascript error when exiting the package via the back arrow, can you provide more detailed steps for that (maybe we are missing something)

In general I suspect that this tools for creating SCORM packages are not very oriented to create packages playable in mobile device (responsive, not using popups or targeting links) but we'll try to make the app to handle it.

Regarding the second point? what device and operating system are you using?

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Mathieu Joostens -

Thanks. For the picture problems, it looks indeed like the bug tracked. 

For the "back" problem, i have it on both my iPhone 6+ on ios9 and my iPad on ios7 and my friends on iPhone have it also. 

The problem is when I want to exit a scorm package with back, i have a window with the error i mentionned in my first message. It's the same problem when I try to open a picture from the SCORM module like the one named Opale_NewPublication : first I have the message and then if I click OK i have the picture in full page without being able to exit the app without force it (no more moodle mobile bar on top). I add a screenshot of the error message and the picture after clicking on OK. 

Can you give me access to a moodle where you put it to see if I can reproduce the error and exclude my moodle installation as the problem ? 

Thanks

MJ

Attachment IMG_2709.PNG
Attachment IMG_2710.PNG

by Juan Leyva -

Hi,

I was able to reproduce the error with my iPhone, it seems that in Android it works as expected but not in iOs

We'll take a look to the function that open the subwindow

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Juan Leyva -

Hi,

I just opened a new bug:

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MOBILE-1424

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Mathieu Joostens -

Ok but what about the "back" bug ? do you have it too on iOS ? because it's the same error code. 

For info, the alert is send by /lib-md/s_scorm.js at line 182

Thanks

MJ

by Juan Leyva -

We just created MOBILE-1428 for the back bug

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by John Mansel-Pleydell -

I have a SCORM package working in a Moodle Course but when I open the Package in Moodle Mobile I am getting an error that "This activity is trying to open a popup. This is not supported in the app." is this a setting in the SCORM itself? I have the activity set to open in the same window in the SCORM settings in Moodle. WIll the mobile app ever support popup windows or do I have to re-package the SCORM?

In reply to John Mansel-Pleydell

by Juan Leyva -

Hi John,

the problem is that the SCORM package is trying to open a new popup window using (window.open), and that's not going to work in the app (is not a limitation of the app, is a limitation of the complete ios/android Webview implementation).

The only workaround is to repackage your SCORM to make it mobile friendly, avoiding using window.open, see https://docs.moodle.org/30/en/Moodle_Mobile_SCORM_player for more information

Juan

by Learn Pages -
I'm using Scorm created with scormhero and have the same issue
In reply to Learn Pages

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
You are replying to a thread from 2016. Things may have moved on a great deal.