Error in documentation

Error in documentation

by Farshid Vahid -
Number of replies: 2

In

https://docs.moodle.org/30/en/Calculated_multichoice_question_type

the second example on the page is incorrect. I tried to see if I could edit it, but I got a you don't have permission to edit message. 

\( 3x^2 + 5xy + 2y^2 = (3x+2y)(x+y) \), not \( (3x+y)(x+2y) \)

I followed the advice "if you are not sure where to post, post it here." Sorry if this is not the right place to report this.

Showing a formula as a choice

In this example, we want the student to demonstrate they know how to correctly factor out a binomial equation. We want every student to have a unique problem to solve.

For example the teacher enters the question as:

Given the binomial equation 3x2+5xy+2y2, where x = {A} and y={B} how would you simplify it before solving it?

The correct choice would be written:

This polynomial can be reduced to (3*{A}+{B})({A}+2*{B}).

This choice would display as:

This polynomial can be reduced to (3+2)(1+4).

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Farshid Vahid

Re: Error in documentation

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hello,

Thanks for pointing out an error in the documentation. I have just fixed it.

If you notice anything else in the documentation that needs improving, if you log in to the wiki, you'll find you have editing rights. I'll see if we can change the don't have permission to edit message to make this clear.
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Error in documentation

by Farshid Vahid -

Thanks Hellen. And thank you also for showing me how I can correct such errors by logging in to the wiki.