Importing a batch of 300 hot potatoes exercises

Importing a batch of 300 hot potatoes exercises

by Roel Devinck -
Number of replies: 3

Hello 

We're going to start using moodle in september and I have to get our courses ready. I've made a lot of hot potatoes exercises and have to import them into my courses. I've read I can use the plugins Hotpotatoes or TaskChain.

These are my questions:

1.  Is it possible to import all these hotpototoes in one batch but not in a TaskChain?
  2. If I use Taskchain are my students able to start where the left the last time: since a task chain could hold about max. 20 hotpot exercises.
  3. If I use Taskchain can the grades of the separate hotpot exercises be seen in the gradebook?
  4. If I use Taskchain can the students get a grade even if the don't finish all of the hotpot exercises within a Taskchain?
  5. Can I use one *.cfg file to get the same layout for al my exercises?
  6. Can I use a background picture for my hotpot exercises?

Thanks for looking into my problems and helping me out with some answers.

Regards.

Roel Devinck

Belgium.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Roel Devinck

Re: Importing a batch of 300 hot potatoes exercises

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Roel,
nice to meet you at the start of your exciting project.cool>/p>

1. Is it possible to import all these hotpototoes in one batch but not in a TaskChain?
    NO. You can only import one at a time into HotPot. You can however import them all at once into TaskChain
  1. If I use Taskchain are my students able to start where the left the last time: since a task chain could hold about max. 20 hotpot exercises.
    YES. If you want to, you can FORCE them restart where they left off. It'll be seamless..
  1. If I use Taskchain can the grades of the separate hotpotexercisesbe seen in the gradebook?
    Hmm, no, not in the gradebook. But you (and they) can see the separate scores in the TaskChain reports.
  1. If I use Taskchain can the students get a grade even if the don't finish all of the hotpot exercises within a Taskchain?
    YES. The get a score for what they have done so far.
  1. Can I use one *.cfg file to get the same layout for al my exercises?
    In HotPot NO, but in TaskChain, YES.
  1. Can I use a background picture for my hotpot exercises?
    YES, you can use background pictures in HotPot and TaskChain.

If you want to experiment on my testing server, please go ahead:

regards
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Roel Devinck -

Hi Gordon,
thank you very very much for your feedback on my questions.

Another question just occurred while reading your answers:

• Can a TaskChain report get a score in the gradebook of Moodle?

Regards

In reply to Roel Devinck

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Can a TaskChain report get a score in the gradebook of Moodle?
Sure - of course wink

Please try out the module on my test server, and share your thoughts.

regards
Gordon