It with a heavy hart....

Re: It with a heavy hart....

by Richard Oelmann -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I'm in a similar situation with another commercial VLE

My original position, Managing/developing Moodle in one institution - that institution merged with a larger local university. We are now in the process of migrating to the commercial VLE used by that other institution. And having now used both for the last 2 years, I can only say that despite the various comments that continually get put forward about the Moodle UX/UI, it is infinitely better than the alternative and we get no end of comments from staff who want Moodle back! And that's before I start with the 'but we used to be able to do this with that plugin you installed for us on Moodle, can we on XXXXXXX?' 'No, sorry. It doesn't do that and I can't customise it because its not open' smile

For me though, I was involved in Moodle as a 'hobby' before it became my day job and I plan to continue in that way for as long as it is practical to do so, even when it is no longer my day job again smile

Not only is Moodle a fantastic tool (and yes I do see its flaws as well as its benefits) in comparison to others I've used, but the community here is second to none!

Average of ratings: Very cool (4)