Turnitin2 - viewing feedback, post date changing

Turnitin2 - viewing feedback, post date changing

by Ken Farrimond -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Plugin developers

Our students are having problems seeing feedback on their Turnitin assignments and are getting the error message

"The GradeMark service is not available for this paper.

A problem occurred when processing the application URL."

We are using Moodle 2.8, and create Moodle assignments with the turnitin options. We were on Turnitin Moodle Direct v2 2015040110, but I updated this after the problem occurred to 2015040111 hoping that this would solve the problem, but it didn’t. I have submitted this as a ticket to Turnitin support, but since doing that I have looked at the assignments by logging in direct to Turnitin.com and noticed the following.

The post date for the module seems be setting itself 6 months in the future. If I set it to today, the change is saved, but when I connect in via moodle either as a student or as an instructor, the post date is changed. Each time I connect in the date is moved forward, eg 5 minutes ago it was 11-Jul-2016 4:58pm, but I just connected in again via Moodle and then checked on Turnitin.com and the post date moved to 11-Jul-2016 5:01pm.

Any help or suggestions welcome, as currently our students cannot see feedback on their work.

Ken Farrimond

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ken Farrimond

Re: Turnitin2 - viewing feedback, post date changing

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

What do you see when you view the assignment directly from the Turnitin web site?

In reply to Marcus Green

by Ken Farrimond -

Hi Marcus, thanks for your response

Via the Turnitin Website, it works perfectly normally. It also works normally for an instructor marking or going back to review their comments from Moodle. The error only occurs when a student tries to view the released marks. However the strange things is that every time you view an assignment on turnitin from Moodle (as a student or as an instructor)  within Turnitin the post date for the assignments gets reset for 6 months hence.

Ken

In reply to Ken Farrimond

by John McGettrick -

Hi Ken,

When a Moodle assignment is synced with Turnitin the plugin has to make assumptions about the post date as it doesn't exist in Moodle. There are two scenarios where a post date is pushed out 6 months, if the gradeitem is hidden or if blind marking is on and identities haven't been revealed yet. Is this the case with any of your assignments that you're having problems with?

Regards

John

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to John McGettrick

by Ken Farrimond -

Dear John

Many thanks. It was the blind marking issue. This explains why all the test assignments worked perfectly. We had decided to avoid blind marking until we had run through a semester successfully without it, but the administrator had actually set it on for several assignments.

Really grateful for such prompt help.

yours

Ken