Socialwall - Changing Notification Settings and Automatic Page Refresh

Socialwall - Changing Notification Settings and Automatic Page Refresh

by Andrew Lian -
Number of replies: 2
Hello

I am new to Socialwall and using Moodle 3.0.1.

I installed Socialwall directly from the Moodle repository and immediately got an internal server error Error 500.

I changed folder permissions from 0777 to 0755 - and .php files from 0666 to 0755 (maybe I will change them to 0644). That fixed the Internal Server Error.

However, I am still left with at least two problems:

(a) When I try to change the notification settings, I am taken to a page with a dropbox to indicate the notification settings. It has a Cancel button but no Save (or something like that) button. I have not been able to figure out what caused this yet. The point is that I cannot change my notification seetings.

(b) When  messages/comments are added to Socialwall, the Socialwall page is not refreshed automatically by refreshing the entire page. I have to do it by hand. Is that normal behaviour?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
Andrew

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andrew Lian

Re: Socialwall - Changing Notification Settings and Automatic Page Refresh

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
What theme are you using with the missing button?
In reply to Chris Kenniburg

Re: Socialwall - Changing Notification Settings and Automatic Page Refresh

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

As a quick followup, if using Pioneer please upgrade to Version 1.3.6 because there was some CSS that was supposed to hide a certain button to enhance adding activities when using Socialwall and it inadvertently catches the Save Settings button for the email notifications page too.