Styling Moodle's temporary feedback messages to users

Styling Moodle's temporary feedback messages to users

by Raymond Pirouz -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

Moodle (I'm using the latest 3.0.1) renders a temporary page with a message to the user upon the user executing certain tasks (for example, posting a new message).....the page will be white with a rectangular colored block spanning the entire page containing some message such as, "Your comment was posted...etc..."

This page is shown for a brief moment and the user has an opportunity to continue by clicking a link or it will automatically redirect within a few seconds.

My question: How do I control the look of this output? I basically don't want the resulting page to be styled the way it is. I want the rectangular box to be another color and centered rather than spanning the entire page and vertically stuck to the very top of the page. I have tried doing something for that page to show up so I can inspect the elements to see what CSS is controlling them but the page redirects too quickly for me to know what to alter, and where...

I am hoping someone in this community can guide me in the proper direction.

Any help is much appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Raymond Pirouz

Re: Styling Moodle's temporary feedback messages to users

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

When the page comes up you should have time to save it.  Then you'll be able to open it again and have lots of time to investigate the contents / CSS.

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

You need to be quick to view the source code for that page.

So Right CLICK on Mouse then hit your keyboard Ctrl + V as fast as you can.

But here is the CSS you need as Miriam asked this nearly 4 years ago!

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=200735#p875843

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Raymond Pirouz -

Very nice, thanks so much Mary!

- Raymond

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

You're welcome Raymond,

Glad it helped.

Cheers

Mary