sharing wikis beyond moodle

sharing wikis beyond moodle

by Susan Jeffers -
Number of replies: 8
I have some ideas for group projects that could well result in something we'd like to share beyond our moodle-based course.  Is there a way to make a "finished" wiki available, say on a regular web page, with or without continuing the ability to modify it?  In other words, can one "export" a wiki?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Susan Jeffers

Vast: sharing wikis beyond moodle

by Jani Lemmetyinen -

There is a function "export pages" in Wiki. Take "Choose Wiki links" > "Export pages". Then you can export wikipages as a downloadable zip archive into html or plain text. You can also export Wiki links as well.

Re: sharing wikis beyond moodle

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Hi,
in two weeks aprox DFWiki will be able to import moodle current ewikis from the course backups, then will be readyu another tool to make show readonly views of a dfwiki outside of its moodle egg.
So hold on guiño we're comming!!!
Marc
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

by Ger Tielemans -
If I create in another Wiki-tool a static HTML-dump of the wiki-tree, can I then import that tree to seed a new dfWiki?
In reply to Ger Tielemans

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -

HI Ger,

if you have a wiki content stored in a standard format, please send it a sample to me so I can write a import filter.

It should not be difficult to filter the exported dfwikis sinthe they are in xml format so xslt can be used to generate any format.

Regards.

Marc

In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

by Juan Marín -
I need some aditional information  on obtaining PDF or HTML documents from exported xml dfwiki.
I use the DF wiki to create documents to share with students (out of moodle) when are finished.
In reply to Juan Marín

by Ger Tielemans -
I hacked my version of my local Swiki a little under the hood (Smalltalk)
Of course I forgot what I changed, so you better grab a fresh copy at:

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/swiki

• Choose the version OneOfTheseDays,
  • it has a nice OO-plugin mechanism
  • install it on a local machine (5 minutes woirk?)
  • study the new format Ani-Ani and get inspired
Ani-Ani means mirror in Hawaian Creole: a new trend in Wiki land: A personal Wiki.
(personal Wiki? new smile we form Moodle know better)
In reply to Ger Tielemans

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
err...
Its of couurse possible but we should agree on the format... and html is a presentation language... I think xml is better for import export. That's wy our new html export only exports...

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Hi Susan Is this what you wanted?
"Hot DFWiki News
New Cool feature... Export your wiki to HTML. Now you can create a static website with your wiki pages. Use Export to HTML in the admin block. Cool uh? big grin
Available since version 2006011201...
It creates a zipfile with the atached files, and a collection of html files.
The wiki links are maintained, it includes a pagelist file with links to all the files.
I hope you like it.
Ludo"
^ ^