Font of the month December 2015

Font of the month December 2015

by Gareth J Barnard -
Number of replies: 7
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Moodlers,

This months font is 'Autour One' -> http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/autour-one - as seen here on Shoehorn V3.0.0.3 under Moodle 3.0.1.

It is a nice rounded font that seems to be the style employed on tablets these days.  Despite being a sans-serif font, it does appear to have a hint of the line flow that serif fonts exude.

Cheers,

Gareth

Attachment 2015-12-24 15_36_27-Course_ Course Creation, Groups and Enrolment.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Re: Font of the month December 2015

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Seems strange for the authors to claim it as a 'sans-serif' font, when almost every letter has a serif?

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Umm, they don't I do and there are no serifs.

by Richard Oelmann -
What are these then?

serifs on Autor

In typography, a serif /ˈsɛrɪf/ is a small line attached to the end of a stroke in a letter or symbol. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serif

by Gareth J Barnard -

Is this a ten minute argument or the full half hour? smile

Looked sans-serif at first glance in its style, now perhaps not.  A font that challenges what a font type should be. smile

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Richard Oelmann -

Not an argument at all Gareth - me trying to learn (always) from people who know more than me.

The font meets what I understand to be serif, but you have said its sans-serif and I wanted to learn why smile

by Gareth J Barnard -

I think I made a mistake.  Just proves that I'm human after all smile