Deleting Course - Will SCORMS still stay?

Re: Deleting Course - Will SCORMS still stay?

by Under Dog -
Number of replies: 5

Hi Paula,

Thank you so much for the help.  

The way I added the courses was from a repository.  If I understand this then, I can safely delete the course and the SCORMS will still be available for use in the other courses which require those same SCORMs.  

Is that right?

Have a good one!

In reply to Under Dog

by Under Dog -

Any thoughts on this one?

Cheers!

In reply to Under Dog

by José ignacio Pernía -

Yes, you can delete your course, the scorms in a course are already and independant instance of them. What i mean is that you are not using the scorm in the repository, you can delete course A and course B will remain the same (the scorms in course B aren't the same as course A).

Cheers.

In reply to José ignacio Pernía

by Under Dog -

Thanks for the insight!  Am I to assume that if I delete both courses, the SCORMS will still remain in the repository?

Sounds logical but I don't want to do that only to find out everything is lost.

Cheers!

In reply to Under Dog

by Ron Meske -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I think that depends on what you are expecting to keep.  Are you needing to preserve the data or the SCORM package for the course?

Not knowing which repository you loaded the zip file to, I'm not sure how to best answer you.  If you uploaded it as part of a course, then I would summarize it will be deleted.  If you stored it in the repository separate from the course, then it would remain available.

If you really just want to preserve the SCORM package you can download the zip file to keep it and not have to worry about deleting the course itself.  To do this, edit the SCORM activity and download the SCORM package by clicking on it.  That is how I have done this in Moodle 2.5 and later.  I have not used Moodle 2.4 but am assuming it will be similar.

If you are concerned about losing the data, then you should backup the course prior to deleting and then restore it if you need access to the data later.

Hopefully that answers your question.

Regards,

Ron

In reply to Under Dog

by José ignacio Pernía -

Yes, they will remain in the repository, as i said scorms in courses are just instances for the file you have in the repository.

Cheers.