Content Copyright

Content Copyright

por Warren Cole -
Number of replies: 3

I wanted to put a content copyright notice on each page of my Moddle implementation and in my unsophisticated way chose to manually edit the footer.html file in the standard theme folder with the line of text.  Seems to work ok and probably will unless I change themes or the footer.html file is updated in a future upgrade, but it occurs to me that there maybe should be a way to add this to the general configuration.  Thoughts?

P.S.  Is this forum where stuff like this should be posted? 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Warren Cole

Re: Content Copyright

por Martin Dougiamas -
Imaxe de Core developers Imaxe de Documentation writers Imaxe de Moodle HQ Imaxe de Particularly helpful Moodlers Imaxe de Plugin developers Imaxe de Testers
Yes, editing footer.html is the best way to do that for now, and yes this forum or the admin forum is probably best.

I would suggest making a copy of a theme folder with your own name and editing that instead - that way it won't get overwritten when upgrading.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

por Warren Cole -
What do I have to modify to call my "custom" renamed footer rather than the standard one? I'm not very good at tracking back the code (though I'm getting better!)
In reply to Warren Cole

por Martin Dougiamas -
Imaxe de Core developers Imaxe de Documentation writers Imaxe de Moodle HQ Imaxe de Particularly helpful Moodlers Imaxe de Plugin developers Imaxe de Testers
Basically, go into the theme folder and copy a whole theme. eg copy "standard" to "mytheme". You can now edit mytheme/footer.html (and the other files in there!) to your hearts content.

To select the new theme, just use the link "Choose theme" from the admin page.