Unknown renderer error after changing dirroot

Unknown renderer error after changing dirroot

by Marjan Milošević -
Number of replies: 4

So, I messed up with moodledata directory - I moved it to another location and entered info in config file.

After that, I constantly get error 

Request for an unknown renderer core, files, general

whenever I try to add something (after getting "add activity/resource" window) or post in forum.

It is so similar to this one: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-40136

I am pretty sure it is trivial, but workaround by deleting cache is not working sad

Also, I should mention I added a "File system" repository, but I deleted it: I guess it does not affect this issue.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marjan Milošević

Re: Unknown renderer error after changing dirroot

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

deleting cache is not working

Which cache have you removed? I am quite sure this is related to the MUC and has nothing to do with the browser cache - just in case.

You might be able to fix this by executing admin/cli/purge_caches.php via the command line.

In reply to David Mudrák

by Marjan Milošević -
I deleted cache through purge_caches, from admin menu. The error remains.

Should I change something in moodledata folder?

by Marjan Milošević -

Ok, so I guess I narrowed the problem. After commenting out the line that yields "renderer issue" smile

I got some filepicker/repository issue.

So, I guess that the problem is in messing up with file-system repo (line in repository/lib.php). It seems it wants it, but cannot find it. I guess there is some record in databases that says: there should be a repo, that I am supposed to .. delete.

by FCV FCV -

I got same problem. But it turns out it's my own deploy script issue, which ignored the "files" folder so the Moodle installation was broken.

The debug method of commenting out the exception line is helpful though.