Webquest module add-on: More doubts about webquest

Webquest module add-on: More doubts about webquest

by Williams Castillo -
Number of replies: 1

Well... Eloy and I finally began to work on WQ... We are just designing the DB... And found the first couple of problems. Our best solution was to leave the problem to all of you... smile

In a nutshell:

• We are modeling the Process so it can handle one or many Steps... Our first doubt is: Should each step contain one or many tasks associated?
  • We've modelled the resources (and its categories) so they can be shared within the course (or perhaps the whole site). Our second doubt is: Should we model the roles the same way? I meant to say that if we make roles directly associated with each webquest (so they must to be created with every WQ) or we should create a "roles base" where the teacher could choose from (categorized, of course). The resources, and the roles as well, would have Keywords to make easier the searchs for an appropiate resource or role.

Regards,
Will

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Williams Castillo

Re: Webquest module add-on: More doubts about webquest

by Tom March -
Although the idea of a Roles Base is appealing, any WebQuest I've ever made - or helped someone make - saw the roles emerge out of the topic, task and the links (resources) that were found relating to the topic. I believe that the Task / Group process is a better place to develop a dbase that others could draw from (and modify? this would be essential).

Thanks for working on this,

Tom --