can moodle generate an email based on a pre-determinded post code?

can moodle generate an email based on a pre-determinded post code?

by Dave Wheeler -
Number of replies: 4

Hi! Your help please!?

If I upload a database of postcodes, and allocate an email address to each group of postcodes, is there a way to send an email to that address when someone creates a moodle account with that postcode?

really desperate to get this sorted, so any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dave Wheeler

Re: can moodle generate an email based on a pre-determinded post code?

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I think that is unlikely without someone writing custom code. You would need a database of every postcode which might be a challenge. It sounds more like something you would get a custom email processor to do. However given a programmer and a budget, most things are possible.

In reply to Marcus Green

by Dave Wheeler -

thanks for your swift reply!

I have a complete list of postcodes, and they are divided into 10 areas, each of which has an email address attributed to them.  I just want that contact notified when someone registers with one of their postcodes.

Is there a place I should look for a programmer who might be able to help?

thanks again!

In reply to Dave Wheeler

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

There is a jobs forum where you can place adverts (for free I think). I am curious to know what people would quote for this. Just to be clear I'm not fishing to do this myself.

In reply to Marcus Green

by Dave Wheeler -

thats great help, thanks very much!