Error after upgrade moodle - essential theme didnt start

Error after upgrade moodle - essential theme didnt start

by Detlef Dietlein -
Number of replies: 9

Hi all,

I am new to moodle. We are testing moodle using the essential theme. Everything works fine.

Today I have updatet moodle to the latest stable version 2.9.x. After the upgrade I copied the essential theme folder to the updated moodle directory.

Now I get the following error message:

Fatal error: Class 'theme_essential\toolbox' not found in /opt/moodle-2.9.1-2/apps/moodle/htdocs/theme/essential/layout/frontpage.php on line 27

Thank you for your support

Detlef

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Detlef Dietlein

Re: Error after upgrade moodle - essential theme didnt start

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

The file is there, honest: https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-theme_essential/blob/MOODLE_29/classes/toolbox.php

Check that the file is really there in your installation and you've done a 'Purge all caches'.

When you say 'copied', did you follow the instructions in the README.txt file?

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Detlef Dietlein -

Hi Gereth,

the file is there: ... /theme/essential/classes/toolbox.php

In my case I would like to update moodle. Here is the manual I used:

https://wiki.bitnami.com/Applications/BitNami_Moodle#How_to_upgrade_Moodle.3f

After the moodle upgrade I copied the folder "essential" back to the updated moodle directory:

.../theme/essential/...

Thnx for your support

Detlef

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Did you do as the document told you? Did you delete any tables?

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Detlef,

That should have worked.  I've used Bitnami before with Essential.  I'll look again when I get a moment.

Kind regards,

Gareth

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Can you describe the steps you took to upgrade your site, as I have never seen htdocs in the Moodle directory before, and wondering if the problem stems from the URL not being correct.

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Gareth J Barnard -

Hi Mary,

'htdocs' in a path like that I've seen and used in a Bitnami installation.  Its fine and will be ok from a running Moodle perspective.

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Mary Evans -

Well something is obviously Wrong...so just trying to get more information...if nothing else might help rule out endless possibilities.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Detlef Dietlein -

Hi,

in deed I am using a bitnami installation. Its a quick and secure way to test solutions. The basic installation of moodle works fine.

Regards

Detlef

by Detlef Dietlein -

Hi all,

I tried the moodle upgrade using an alternative theme. Everything works fine!

I want to thank you for your support.

Regards

Detlef