Hello Moodle themedom,
I am looking for suggestions or comments on a new theme I am putting together. It is still under heavy development but here is a short video. We are looking for a clean and simple layout focused on the learning activities.
The theme has a couple of unique features:
- Use any Google Font with simple copy/paste. Pick a font for Headers and one for Body. Also control Font Size for body.
- Custom Icon Navigation at top of each page for quickly getting around which includes the Custom Moodle Menu, Language Menu, and Course Search box.
- Course Summary Images from Course Settings are now utilized by the theme Header in each course! Thank you Richard Oelmann. This allows teachers to customize the header image in their course.
- Socialwall Course Format Integration and customization. Allows you to control the look and feel of the Socialwall Course Format from the admin panel.
- Blocks have special styling brought to Moodle by Mary Evans in which the Block Title appears on the side of the block. This creates visual separation from the rest of the page and is a nice visual cue for the learner.
- Single Page look and feel
- Two Columns
- Right aligned blocks
Some things I am thinking of implementing are
- custom login feature on the frontpage that is displayed for logged out users.
- Ability to control the height of the header image via a Padding setting.
- Slideshow??? Are these even needed?
- Toying with the idea of a fullscreen Youtube video or image background if you use the Moodle Login Page or Force Users to login.