Can't access admin panel after install poodll plugin

Can't access admin panel after install poodll plugin

by Eyleen Granados -
Number of replies: 6

Hi everyone,

I was installing poodll in my moodle page (2.9). I did it in 2 ways: Manually and from moodle, but it doesn't work.

When I enter with the admin user, I only see a blank page!!
When I enter with cache=1 or cache=2 says there's not any update.

The only thing I need is the PoodLL Once Player. If you know another way to install it, I will appreciate it.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eyleen Granados

Re: Can't access admin panel after install poodll plugin

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Did you install the PoodLL filter? The repository requires the PoodLL filter in order to work. 

If that is not the problem, try turning on debugging and you should get error messages where you now get a blank page. If you can report the error messages, it will be easier to solve the problem.

To turn on debugging see this page:

https://docs.moodle.org/29/en/Debugging

In particular note the section about "what to do if you can't get to admin area," because that is the problem that you have now.

In reply to Justin Hunt

by Eyleen Granados -

I was installing the filter and the debugger is already working.

The page shows me this message when the filter tries to be installed: "Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\xampp\htdocs\moodle\admin\tool\installaddon\classes\validator.php on line 249"

This is the line:

if (!file_exists($this->extractdir.'/'.$filerelname)) {
                $this->add_message(self::ERROR, 'filenotexists', array('file' => $filerelname));
                return false;
            }

What it means!? or What I should do?

In reply to Justin Hunt

by Eyleen Granados -

I installed the filter different, and know it shows me this: "Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\xampp\htdocs\moodle\lib\classes\string_manager_standard.php on line 169"

Here's the line:

// First load English pack.
if (!file_exists("$location/lang/en/$file.php")) {
                // English pack does not exist, so do not try to load anything else.
                return array();
            }

I search and there's the pack. Now, I'm stuck.

by Justin Hunt -

That is an error that is not specific to PoodLL. Its a strange error too. It does not seem to be a line of code that would cause a timeout.

Did you install more than the PoodLL repository and PoodLL filter?

Anyway I think the first thing to try is to increase your PHP max_execution_time. I would set it to 180 (it is now 30). That will require making changes to your php.ini file. If you know how to do that, or are happy to try, then this page tells you what to do.

https://www.a2hosting.com/kb/developer-corner/php/using-php.ini-directives/php-maximum-execution-time

If you are not interested in doing that personally, and your site is hosted, I think you could just ask your hosting company support to do that for you. (EDIT: I see you are running xamp on windows. So you will need to do it yourself.) 

If you need to check your PHP settings, Moodle provides a handy page that displays the phpinfo()

That is at site admin -> server ->php info

In reply to Justin Hunt

by Eyleen Granados -
IT'S WORKING!

I was installing the filter via moodle and with the zip file. Then, I try placing the poodll folder into root/filter folder and it allowed me to install the poodll plugin :D

Thank you so much Justin!
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Justin Hunt -

Thats good news! Hope it goes well.