early testing of web svcs

early testing of web svcs

by marco meli -
Number of replies: 2

Hallo, I believe that the more Moodle opens up to mobile devices, more web services need to be tested in different situations.

We created in the past a Moodle App connected to Moodle 2.4 named Moodlin8 and we had to develop few webservices to accomplish what we did. (moodlin8 is available for Windows devices from the Microsoft Store and is also open source).

SO why not exploiyt better this side of the world?

If people is interested, I would like to start a discussion about what we can test here and what are the open points left for Moodle 3.1

Marco Meli

Average of ratings: -
In reply to marco meli

Re: early testing of web svcs

by Dan Poltawski -

Hi Marco,

More testing is always welcome - especially at periods like right now when were are about to release Moodle 3.0 beta. I recommend you test your app against this code. 

We would also like to do more automated testing of web services - one of the ideas for that is using behat - see MDL-48402.

Is there anything specific that are suggesting to do?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dan Poltawski

Re: early testing of web svcs

by marco meli -

Not at this moment.

As We developed in 2.4 we created a plugin to map commuication to not existing web svcs. We need to move the bar up and reconvert to existing web svcs before anything. As we need to do it seems a good idea to do it vs the coming version and not the existing one. so we will be ready when everything will ship

makes sense?

tx so much for letting me onboard

sincerely

Marco