File Not Found for first load of scorm lesson

File Not Found for first load of scorm lesson

by Shawn Dibble -
Number of replies: 2

I have a scorm package with a ton of lessons. On some machines, when a scorm lesson is loaded for the first time, it gives "Error: No file found at ...'file/location/file.swf'. (of course replace file/location/file.swf with whatever the file maybe. If I reload the page, the lesson loads just fine. 

I thought it was just the SWF file wasn't loading quickly enough and on reload it would then load a cached copy, so I inserted a few seconds for delay into the loadSCO.php file, but still got the same issue.

I have checked the logs, but I am not seeing any errors at all there. In fact, other than the file not found, I get no issues/logs/errors at all. I am running Internet Explorer 11. Moodle 2.6.11 with PHP 5.3.8. I have another laptop with the exact same setup but that one works just fine with no issues.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shawn Dibble

Re: File Not Found for first load of scorm lesson

by Matteo Scaramuccia -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Shawn,
did you set the debug at DEVELOPER level and, besides looking at the error logs, even track the connection via the Dev Tools of your browser to understand if the server replies with a real HTTP 404?

MDL-47404 already addressed a particular issue with SWF loading other SWF files so you need to collect more info to better describe your issue and give others a way to replicate it.

HTH,
Matteo

In reply to Matteo Scaramuccia

Re: File Not Found for first load of scorm lesson

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

yeah - sounds like a server-level issue, are you using any caching plugins? - make sure you don't have 2 opcache style plugins enabled - like php opcache and APC - do you have multiple web-servers in a cluster and only one of them has up-to-date moodledata?