MM2 Partecipants Addon

MM2 Partecipants Addon

by Claudio ancooor -
Number of replies: 11

Hi all,

The "Partecipant" addon enable the app to view all the users enrolled into the same course.

In Moodle if I'm enrolled into a course that is tagged for "separate group", I will see only the students of the my group.

Why this "practice" is not replicated into MM?

Do you know if exists a workaround?

Many thanks, Claudio

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Claudio ancooor

Re: MM2 Partecipants Addon

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

The Mobile app uses the core_enrol_get_enrolled_users method for retrieving all the users in a course.

This method checks groups settings, so you should see only the users in groups you can see.

In the Web Interface when you see the participants list you can see them filtered by group, so maybe that's what happening in your instance (you see only the users in a group but you can select other gorups), in the app all the users are listed (without the filter possibility)

Regards, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Claudio ancooor -

Hi Juan, it is very strange because in the App I see all the partecipants enrolled into the course even if the student is part of a group.

Also the course is tagged as:  "Group mode": separate groups, "Force group mode": yes.

Should I change something into the role permission?

Thanks, Claudio

by Claudio ancooor -

Hi all, I made all the possible tries but MM2 still show me all the partecipants enrolled into the course (even if the students are in different groups).

In the Web Interface one student see the partecipant list fitered by group. So I think that the permissions are properly setted.

Any thoughts? Regards

by Claudio ancooor -

Hi all, if I use the console inspector during the fetching of the users (on my moodle instance) I see always:

0/13/2015 3:40:29 PM $mmaParticipants: Get participants for course 4 starting at 0
ionic.bundle.js:21157 10/13/2015 3:40:29 PM $mmSite: Cached element found, but it is expired
ionic.bundle.js:21157 10/13/2015 3:40:30 PM $mmWS: WS: Data received from WS object
ionic.bundle.js:21157 10/13/2015 3:40:30 PM $mmWS: WS: Data number of elements 10
ionic.bundle.js:21157 10/13/2015 3:40:30 PM $mmSite: Using compatibility WS method 'local_mobile_core_user_view_user_list'
ionic.bundle.js:21157 10/13/2015 3:40:31 PM $mmUser: Get participant with ID 4 in course 4

Viceversa, if I try it on school.demo.moodle.net

10/13/2015 3:44:42 PM $mmaParticipants: Get participants for course 63 starting at 0
ionic.bundle.js:21157 10/13/2015 3:44:43 PM $mmWS: WS: Data received from WS object
ionic.bundle.js:21157 10/13/2015 3:44:43 PM $mmWS: WS: Data number of elements 10
ionic.bundle.js:21157 10/13/2015 3:44:43 PM $mmUser: Get participant with ID 13 in course 63
ionic.bundle.js:21157 10/13/2015 3:44:43 PM $mmWS: WS: Data received from WS object

Why my site force the compatibility method?

Thanks

by Dave Perry -
Picture of Testers

What moodle version is your site? I assume that demo site is on 2.9, so if yours is older that might be why. Also do you have the moodle mobile extras plugin installed on your moodle site?

One of the app developers will likely know more, but putting your site's moodle version number in quickly makes narrowing things down easier.

In reply to Dave Perry

by Claudio ancooor -

Hi Dave, sure. My moodle instance is the 2.8.5+ (Build: 20150424)

I installed the latest version of moodle_mobile_additional_features (build:2014101012).

Do you mean that the app use "compatibility" calls only when it use the WS declared into the additional_features plugin?

Thanks

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Claudio,

that "compatibility" thing means that your Moodle version lacks a certain WS, but the local_mobile addon has it. In your case, the WS core_user_view_user_list was introduced in Moodle 2.9. In any case, that WS is just for adding a log entry saying that you have viewed a user, so it shouldn't affect the participants list.

I'll perform some tests to see if I can reproduce this issue. It could take a while though, I'm pretty busy atm sad

Cheers,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by Claudio ancooor -

Hi Dani,

Many thanks for the well explanation. Now it is more clear. Looking forward to fix the issue with the group/partecipants.

Regards, Claudio

by Claudio ancooor -

Hi All,

any update about the partecipant view? Even if I set the course to separate group, into the MM (2.3,2.4,2.5) all the partecipant can see all the course partecipants instead of the people of the same group.

I tried it with different versions of MM and different version of Moodle (2.7,28).

Is it working for you? 

Thanks in advance

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Claudio,

this has been fixed but on Moodle site. To fix this you'll have to install one of the following Moodle versions: 3.0, 2.9.3, 2.8.9, 2.7.11.

Kind regards,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by Claudio ancooor -

Hi Daniel,

many thanks for the update. Unfortunately I can't update the production environemnt (2.8.5).

Do you think that I can't apply a patch to this version?

Best Regards