Need help finding the correct report to use

Need help finding the correct report to use

by Mike Condardo -
Number of replies: 0

I am interested in being able to create a report in Moodle 2.8 where people with specific permissions are easily able to go to a spot (like a block), select a link (like "Completion Report"), select a specific "Group" or "Grouping," and run a site-wide report. The information returned would be a list of their specific Group of participants and the Date of Completion for the courses that each of them have taken.

Further, the structure of the platform that I have inherited are set up as metacourses (group of courses from the Master List) or "Course Tracks" ... where Student A may be in Course Track 1 taking courses Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, and Student B make take courses Alpha, Beta and Epsilon from Course Track 2. But in our reporting, we need to see both Student A and Student B on the same report, even though they are in different Course Tracks.

There are so many elements to use in Moodle, I need some suggestions for the best way to create this report. I see it much like the Course Completion Report, only that it would gather all Course Completion Dates from courses site-wide for a specific Group from a pull-down menu at the top of the page.

Does the fact that it exists in a Metacourse mean anything to the reporting function? Can I set up an independent, site-wide report that can be accessed (with permissions) by others? And keep in mind, courses have already started for the year so I don't want anything that will damage the integrity of the existing data.

Any help of direction would be appreciated. Thank you!

Average of ratings: -