Error when adding a certificate

Error when adding a certificate

by Jim Bennett -
Number of replies: 9

We are getting the following error when adding a certificate to a course:

Function moodleform_mod::add_intro_editor() is deprecated, use moodleform_mod::standard_intro_elements() instead.

• line 700 of /course/moodleform_mod.php: call to debugging()
  • line 50 of /mod/certificate/mod_form.php: call to moodleform_mod->add_intro_editor()
  • line 191 of /lib/formslib.php: call to mod_certificate_mod_form->definition()
  • line 86 of /course/moodleform_mod.php: call to moodleform->moodleform()
line 255 of /course/modedit.php: call to moodleform_mod->moodleform_mod()

Running  Moodle 2.9+ (Build: 20150612) with MySQL.

The certificate still seems to work OK, but I'm concerned we'll see problems with use.  I'm assuming this is an issue the developers need to fix.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jim Bennett

Re: Error when adding a certificate

by Sam Stevens -

Do you have the latest version of certificate? There was a new one at the start of this month for 2.9.

In reply to Sam Stevens

by Jim Bennett -

Hi Sam,

Yes - we have that latest version.

In reply to Jim Bennett

by Sam Stevens -
Probably just hang on then and update the module when a new one is released. 

It isn't really an error at the moment (although it says it is). More of an advisory notice that the method is out of date. The developer should fix it.

Perhaps post the details here https://moodle.org/plugins/view/mod_certificate or message the developer as well to make sure they know.

In reply to Jim Bennett

by Jim Bennett -

Another error message has cropped up. Please refer to the attached screenshot.

Thanks in advance for any help.  We had been using this module prior to upgrading to 2.9, and we really need to get it fully functional again asap.

Attachment cert_error.JPG
In reply to Jim Bennett

by Sam Stevens -

Are you sure you are running a fully vanilla certificate module? I don't believe it uses the user avatar image by default.

Have you changed the code for the module in any way?

If you haven't perhaps try uninstalling it and the reinstalling it to remove and reset all the options/code.

In reply to Jim Bennett

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Looks like an error in the grader report - from the stack trace no code in the certificate module is executed.

In reply to Jim Bennett

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Jim,

I ended up updating the certificate 2.9 version which you can download from https://moodle.org/plugins/view/mod_certificate.

Regards,

Mark

In reply to Mark Nelson

by Jim Bennett -

Thanks Mark!  I'll download and install.  We aren't using git, so the download is perfect.

Thanks again - I'll let you know how it worked out.