Purging Cashes

Purging Cashes

by Dalin Williams -
Number of replies: 3

Hello all, I have a question.

I was developing some JavaScript using AMD modules, and I attempted to  purge my cache to rid the old module. This led to the following error code, stating core/first is no longer found. Please note, this error still shows up days later.

GET http://216.249.119.168/moodle/lib/requirejs.php/1442863195/core/first.js req.load @ require.js:33context.load @ require.js:33Module.load @ require.js:28Module.fetch @ require.js:28Module.check @ require.js:28Module.enable @ require.js:28context.enable @ require.js:33(anonymous function) @ require.js:28(anonymous function) @ require.js:10each @ require.js:4Module.enable @ require.js:28Module.init @ require.js:28(anonymous function) @ require.js:33

require.js:14 Uncaught Error: Script error for: core/first

http://requirejs.org/docs/errors.html#scripterrormakeError @ require.js:14context.onScriptError @ require.js:33

Is there any reason why core/first goes permanently missing? Am I going about my development process wrong? Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dalin Williams

Re: Purging Cashes

by Dalin Williams -

I find it strange, because this is the method suggested by many (at least in their code); to clean the cache after every 'grunt' run... If anyone has suggestions I would appreciate it.

by Bas Brands -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers

I had the same issue, googled it and found your post. Then started looking for the issue. It turned out I had a theme installed that had an uncompiled AMD plugin. After removing that plugin all was okay. So maybe the error happens because of something else in your codebase.

by Chris Wharton -

Hi Dalin, when you are developing javascript for Moodle, make sure the debugging settings are enabled. This might be causing the issues.

// config.php
$CFG->yuicomboloading = false;
$CFG->cachejs = false;