I am having some issues when trying to connect the moodle app iOS to my server for the initial setup. It was working fine as of the beginning of August as I used it several times with the new students to show them how to use the app. With the update to iOS 9 I went back to make sure everything they needed was working correctly and here I found a problem.
If the student had already activated the app, signed in once they seem to be ok. They can access everything just fine but if somebody has not used the app before when you try to connect to the server it give the cannot connect to server error, asking to check the url and that it is using 2.4 or later.
I was running on 2.8 but with the error I decided to go ahead and do the upgrade maybe something had happened but still after the update to 2.9.2 still the same issue.